Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, August 27, 2015

RIP Bobsey

Last night I took a rare evening off from the world of cats and went to a concert.  For some reason I looked at my phone in the middle of it and there was a text from a colony caretaker I know saying one of the Cherry Street cats was at Beaches vet in bad shape.  My heart racing, I texted Steve to call and find out, I was in the middle of a crowd and no way to get out and make phone calls.

You have to love my husband, he immediately drove to the vet and discovered it was Bobsey, a cat who lives at a nearby site where we feed weekends.  A kind couple had found him and brought him in, he had a head and neck wound with maggots in it, he was blind and clearly suffering from neurological damage.  There was nothing to be done for him but to release him from his pain and cross over the bridge.  I am profoundly grateful to the people who brought him in and to Dr. Dilworth, who treated Bobsey and Steve with kindness and didn't even charge us.

That's three cats from that colony who have died in just over six months, so tragic, I had to let the feeder know, of course he's upset as I am as well.  One of the saddest parts is that Bobsey had a best friend, Cricket, when we would feed they would rub against each other and always hung out together. Now she is alone.  Bobsey showed up at this site just a couple of years ago, he wasn't a very old cat, we just had him neutered last year.  Sometimes this racket sucks!


1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this ..At least Bobsey knew kindness and compassion. Hope that Cricket finds another friend or a home soon.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete