Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, August 9, 2015

Bonnie has left the building

In November of 2013 I relocated three feral cats to our colony, they had nowhere else to go, they were from a massive hoarding situation and sadly were not adoptable.  It was my first (and last) try at relocating.  Amazingly they all stuck around, but one was killed the following spring by a dog, the other two didn't join the other cats and went to separate spots.  Unfortunately Bonnie chose her home to be under Rupert's studio, and he has become increasingly unhappy with her being there, mostly because she poos there.  He keeps sealing it up and she keeps getting in.  Clearly she feels safe there.

You may remember that Clara went to live at a sanctuary.  She's doing very well there and Gerri can even pat her briefly when she's eating.  Gerri kindly offered to take Bonnie as well, so I've been trying to trap her to no avail.  Today, though, I got out the drop trap and she went under right away. Bonnie will be vetted and then go off to her new home in the country.  I feel sad seeing her go, but she had no life cowering under a building all the time.

 For the other cats, the yard is their home, they roam around and don't generally seem frightened.
 I wish they could all live in a fenced in sanctuary in the country, but as of yet, I've been unable to convince Steve to sell our home and make that happen.  He says our house is a mini cat sanctuary! He may be right...

I had a day last week that between our cats, ferals and my catsitting clients, I fed 55 cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment