Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, November 1, 2015

Penny reappears, Bright Eyes disappears


When Penny's car was moved a couple of weeks ago, we didn't know where she went.  We figured she had found a new spot somewhere nearby.   I've been leaving food just across the where the car was, and thankfully she has been seen there the last few days.  There are lots of boats in that area so hopefully she has a warm place for the winter, I've put a shelter under the boats as well.
Sadly though, Bright Eyes has not been seen for over two weeks, and she was a regular.  I can only think that she has died, she had to cross the driveway where the big trucks go, I always worried about her safety.  As with all of them, it's so painful when they are gone.
Our numbers keep dwindling, we are down to 13 or 14 cats now.  At one point about 4 or 5 years ago, we were feeding 20+ cats.  It's a hard short life for a feral, and ours are the lucky ones with a regular food source.

No comments:

Post a Comment