Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, November 30, 2015

Trap till you drop

Lesley and I returned to that colony today to trap, and well it was almost a comedy how easy it was. The cats swarmed around while we were setting up, they were under the trap even without food!  We trapped a few more than we planned, two kittens showed so we couldn't leave them behind, I've got fosters (thank you Michelle and Susan) for all, fingers crossed they are tameable, I think so, but there are no guarantees.  

 Here's a cat who needed no socialization, Betty has settled in far too well at our place, but she needs to find a home of her own.  I'm surprised she hasn't been snapped up, young, friendly, pretty and loves other cats!

Sad news from a colony I feed at.  Last week I noticed that Tilda was very congested, I could hear her breathing and I was concerned.  I tried to trap her to get her to a vet but she wouldn't go near the trap.  Lynn and I returned yesterday with the drop trap and got her in five minutes.  Just a few hours later though the vet called to tell me that she died while under sedation, not only was her mouth was a disaster, her lungs were full of fluid.  Poor Tilda was clearly very ill, I wish I had realized sooner but ferals are such survivors, and it's hard to tell, you figure if they are eating they are ok.  RIP sweet Tilda she was a favourite of all the feeders.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Tilda. I know how you learn to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P. Tilda.

    Is Betty on any rescue website?

    ReplyDelete