Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, December 11, 2015

Got a cat but not the right cat

Wednesday night I decided to try to trap Owen before winter sets in, although with the weather we've been having it's hard to believe it will actually happen.

I set up the trap and immediately got a cat, but it wasn't Owen, it was an orange cat I had never seen before, but pretty clearly male.  I remembered there was a street cats clinic so I went over and thankfully they fit my cat in.

Connie released him yesterday afternoon, I expect he's been wandering the portlands for years, I only hope he finds one of the food sources down there, he must, he certainly wasn't skinny.

Jackie had spotted an orange and white friendly cat near the Lakeshore a couple of weeks ago but by the time she went back with a carrier he was gone.  Amazingly she saw him again this week so we went yesterday with a trap but no show, hope we can get the little guy, it's no place for a cat to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment