Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Catsmas

Diary of a cat sitter and feral cat feeder on Christmas:

7:30 a.m. the alarm goes off and I have to move my sleeping purring cats, sigh, it's dark and I want to sleep but I have many mouths to feed.  Shower and eat, ignoring my cats,thankfully Steve will take care of them.
8 a.m. I head out, first to cats on my street, Bibi, a rescue of mine, and Pippin, born feral, but now a sweet kitten just four months old.
9 a.m. Feed at the Carlaw Gerrard colony
915 Take care of Freddie, a lovely year and a half old orange boy.  Then to Doug's, six inside cats and three ferals.
Up Broadview to take care of Rosie, a lovely middle aged cat in a condo then over to Walter and Gus, two black and whites.

Home by lunch to say hi to my guys and get things ready for the feral feedings, then SW and I hit the road, going to Leslie, Mystery's, Connie's, Cherry Street, PS and Logan....30 street cats fed!
Feeding Mystery
Chubby Mystery 
Pretty Penny
Morris back in the hood causing trouble
Cricket
Tibbs
Me and Stubby
I drop Steve at home and off I go again, to Dante and Luca, to Connie's home cats, to the cuddly Gryphon, then back again to Freddie, Doug's, Pippin and Bibi.  Finally home at 8 p.m., twelve hours has elapsed since I left this morning, Christmas dinner still to have, and many many dishes to wash, and then to bed, so I can get up and start all over again tomorrow.  Grant me the strength to keep going!  In total I fed more than 50 cats today!

I'm grateful for many things today: the fabulous weather, my supportive husband, that all my charges and my family (which is Steve, me and our cats) are healthy, that we have a home, and we are warm and fed and safe....

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment