Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, December 7, 2015

Lionel goes to the dentist

Earlier last week I noticed that Lionel wasn't eating as eagerly as he usually does and then on Saturday he was drooling very badly.  Uh oh, I thought, dental issues.  I took the drop trap down on Sunday not really expecting to get him, those guys are pretty savvy but amazingly within five minutes I had both he and poor Lily under the trap.

Off Lionel went to the vet and today he had his abcessed upper canines removed.  He had dental just three years ago!  I guess some cats are like people and just have bad teeth.
Hopefully he will feel better now.  I was looking back at my records and Hank had almost all his teeth removed four years ago now, and he's doing pretty well for an old feral cat.

This is the problem with an aging feral population, lots of issues.  I'm just grateful I can help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment