Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, June 14, 2018

Stubby goes home (to a new one!)

It's been an emotional happy sad few days.  Vinyse and Derek fell in love with Stubby as we all have and agreed to adopt him.  We all said our goodbyes to him and on Tuesday Vinyse was able to scoop him up and get him into a carrier.
Kent says goodbye
Off we went to the vet, and thankfully all was good with our Stubb stubbs.  I tearfully delivered him to Derek and Vinyse's place last night.  They have a lovely room all set up for him.  I am so happy he will never be cold or wet again.  I was worried he would be terrified and hide (he doesn't do well at the vet) but they got a webcam and there is footage of him exploring his room, jumping on a cat tree, looking out the window.
Stubby on his way to the vet
So encouraging!  I know it will be a tough transition for him but I feel like he found the perfect home!  Now I have to work on Lily and Minky, I tried today, Lily wasn't around, and Minky only partway in, they will be way more challenging.

1 comment: