Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, June 10, 2018

Up a ladder to save kittens and some sad news for the colony

It's an endless stream of requests for help with kittens.  An email came in about kittens in a garage, turned out it was a laneway we did a lot of work in last year.  Off we went to check it out and discovered the smart mama had stashed her kittens up on a shelf in a garage much to the homeowners dismay.  I climbed the ladder to set up the trap and we trapped mom then one kitten.  It took another day before we could get the last kitten but we did!  I kept thinking please don't let me fall off the ladder, I've just recovered from my bite.  Who knew cat rescue could be so dangerous?


Unfortunately we got some really distressing news this week, what I've always been afraid of has come to be, and everyone has to be out of the yard by October 1, so I'm frantically trying to find places for my seven cats there.  I'm beside myself with worry about their future, it's the end of an era, after nine years of feeding there.

No comments:

Post a Comment