Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's still winter

What a tease the warmer days are and then back to the cold.  The cats seem to be managing, on Sunday we saw all 18 cats in the colony, those are my favourite days, when we see them all and I know they are all safe and have food in their bellies.  Even though I hate the winter, I do like that it's relatively quiet down there, in the winter we pretty much have the yard all to ourselves.  Some of the cats are making themselves at home on the boats being stored, just have to hope they get out of them before the owners take them away, I always worry about that.
Bright Eyes waiting for us to leave

Arrow looking nice and plump

Morris seems to be part of the dumpster gang now
Steve and I are feeding four days a week right now, it's great to see the cats, but it eats up a lot of time.  The whole process, prepping the food and bowls, loading the car, getting there, feeding, coming home, doing the dishes, it's at least two hours but I cannot imagine not feeding them, they are my babies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment