Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tabby madness

I don't know what's going on, but there seems to be a lot of older kittens being found outside.  Post Christmas dumps perhaps?

This is Mini, she was found outside at a shopping plaza recently and taken in by a lovely young man.  He tried everything to find her home to no avail.  He wasn't able to keep her so I took her in, she is very sweet and playful, about five months old.  A lovely couple who just moved in on our street is going to take her.  That will be neighbour #3 who has adopted a cat from me in the last year.

I also have two other tabbies coming to me from different locations, same kind of story.  Odd.  When our cat got out last spring we had posters up within hours of finding him gone.  How can anyone not be looking for such friendly cats?  At least they are safe and warm now.

No comments:

Post a Comment