Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, January 10, 2013

Present meet my future

I had to share this story about a cat sanctuary, sounds like my dream.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/10/garden/300-cats-and-counting.html

Meanwhile, I will have to content myself with my brood at home plus all the ferals, just wish all the ferals could be safe in one spot.  It's funny, we go down and feed, see them for a few minutes, and have to hope that they stay safe the other 23 hours in the day.  Unfortunately not all of them have, we have lost 3 or 4 on average every year.

Our newest member, Chester, is still at the vet.  Sadly, he has not seemed to be friendly and I was planning to return him today but he has had very bad diarrhea and I need to figure something out about that before putting him back.

Took a detailing of the car to get the male urine spray out.  Ah, the hidden costs of cat rescue.


I have some new projects percolating as well as working with Jennifer to try to get Princess and Buddy, the laundry room cats, sorted out.  They are safe in a short term foster home but still need a place to live and we need to raise money to get Buddy his full mouth extraction,  poor guy.  One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment