Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tabby #2

This is the second tabby rescued this week.  I'm calling him Jimmy for now, he's a six month old male found outside in Hamilton.  He's a real sweetheart but doesn't seem fond of other cats so I'll be moving him to another foster home.  In our house Buddy is the greeter of new cats, and if you don't get along with Buddy, you won't get along with anybody.  I'm sure Jimmy will find a wonderful home.  I'm thankful he's not outside anymore.

It's going to be a brutally cold week and I'm worried about my ferals of course.  I did discover three of them curled up together in the cabin of a boat so they found shelter.

Then there's an odd thing going on, it seems Socks may be stuck in a boat.  I can see him up there and he meows but won't or can't come down.  It looks jumpable so I don't know what's up.  We climbed up on the boat but I couldn't get to where Socks was.  I keep worrying he's trying to tell us something.  I guess today we will try to build a plank for him.  It's never easy plus some drunk guy was yelling at us about the cats.  I'm just trying to keep these poor cats alive.

Chester was released on Wednesday, no sign of him since, sigh, just hope he's lying low and hasn't run off.

I went to Scarborough to check out Jessica's little colony of momma, 4 older kittens and another cat, they will all need to be TNRed in the spring, and it seems there are more at an apartment building nearby.

Many thanks to Carol and Janice for donating for Buddy's dental (not my Buddy, the other laundry room Buddy).

No comments:

Post a Comment