Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1 hour, 4 cats, 0 pictures

I'm not a morning person but today I left my house at 6:30 to trap cats, what else.  I did however forget my camera so no photos to share.  It's hard to take pictures while trapping anyway.

The good news is that we quickly trapped four out of six cats.  I had hoped for all but the trapping process scared the last two away, we'll get them.  I also found more cats around the corner that need to be trapped.

Last night I was in Scarborough as well, dealing with two older kittens dumped in a park.  After a couple of nights of trying, they came inside and are now at the vet.  They clearly aren't feral but certainly traumatized by their experience.

In a few hours from now I'm off to try to trap the two pregnant cats at the newly discovered colony.

I already feel exhausted, and if I get those two they have to be at the clinic by 7:30 a.m.  Oi as my friend Janice would say.  My cats at home are not happy with these early mornings of mine, means they have to wait for papa to get up and feed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment