Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, March 11, 2013

Socks goes walkabout

Socks is one of the regulars at the colony so when we didn't appear on Thursday, or Friday and not on Saturday, we began to worry.

Steve and I searched high and low yesterday, climbing onto boats, checking every shelter, under buildings, even checked the water.  No Socks.  I feared the worst.  Saddened, we went off to buy groceries, and decided to check once more on our way home.  There was Socks!  He seemed not quite himself so clearly something had been going on with him.  I was so relieved.


And we solved the mystery of why there is never any water at Harry's.  We caught Harry red-handed taking the cats' water for himself.  Being Harry, he lied and said he was taking it to give to other cats.  I know he's not all there, but I was angry, the cats need water and often go first to it when we come, no wonder.  I think he is also taking their food and mixing up the canned and dry and putting it back later to make it look as if he's doing something.  I was just frustrated that twice a week I spend my time in a fast food lineup to bring him a meal, and buy things for him, do his taxes, help him with his pension, and he does this, but I have to remind myself there is a reason he is living alone in a dry docked boat.

I'm just trying to keep these cats alive and as well as I can.  It's the people in this cat business that are maddening, never the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment