Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, March 28, 2013

The cats of DD

OK, today I am a tired gladiator.  My day started at 7 a.m. yesterday trapping, ended at 11 p.m. when I got back home after dropping off cats at Raven's for recovery, but I can't complain, all the vets and volunteers at last night's clinic worked so hard, they spayed and neutered over 50 cats.  20 were from one apartment and there is still more.

My afternoon of trapping at DD didn't start well at all, no sign of any cats.  So I wandered off to do PI work, and discovered the cats were hanging out in a yard around the corner.  Mary from the colony across the street had joined me for trapping so she put one trap in the yard and I stayed with the one under the truck and just as I was about to have to pack up to make it to the clinic, boom, in went a cat in the yard.  I discovered later that evening that she was, as I suspected, female and pregnant.  I hate the spay aborts but it's for the best.  That's four cats done from this colony so far, three females.  I still have more to trap but they are a tough bunch.
Ava, trapped last night
Angie, fluffy brown tabby, trapped Monday night
Still to be trapped, and I worry she is pregnant 
One of Mary's cats, already fixed
Still to be done
And yet another - no ear tip there
So not a bad week, two females and one male TNRed.  I've managed to get Jersey into THS where they will be able to monitor his leg, so that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment