Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It takes a village

Between the bad weather and my bad back last week I only managed to trap one male so this week I ramped it up, booked appointments for two days and assembled trapping teams.

Monday night Lesley, Denise and Mary trapped at one location while I went to meet up with Marisa in Scarborough.  Luck (and the weather) was on our side, within minutes Lesley had gotten the pregnant cat at DD we've been trying to get for weeks.



And once I arrived in Scarborough, it was easy pickings there too.  The cats were all sitting and waiting to be fed so boom, I caught number two and we were done for the night.

That one also turned out to be pregnant too.  That's three pregnant cats from that colony, four from DD, two or three from another, all since the first of March.  I hate spay aborts but it's the best of a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment