Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, April 18, 2013

Trapper's high

I'm just trying to come down from my trapper's high.  I kind of outsmarted myself tonight with my team of trappers and filled every trap.

I only have two appointments at the free TNR clinic but trapped four cats so I will have to take two to a private vet and pay.

Susan trapped a feral she was feeding for a while while I was setting up at DD.  Lesley took over there and caught a lovely little grey and white cat while I was on my way to Scarborough.

I could have called it a day but I knew there was one pregnant cat there for sure so I pressed on and met up with Marisa.  It was truly a lucky trapping day, within minutes we had the pregnant cat but spotted another that had a bit of a belly so said what the hell and set up one more trap and we got her.

That's seven out of the eight cats there done and seven cats already TNRed just a block away.  I have to feel good about that.

It's 8:30 and I'm just sitting down to dinner with a celebratory glass of wine.

Well the alarm will go off early tomorrow and I'll load up the car and drop off all my charges.

4 comments:

  1. It's so great to learn you had such a successful trapping day! what a great thing. I hope the day comes when you have no new ones - 0 population growth.

    Thanks for caring for them!




    Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.
    Debby in Arizona
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    Talk to Your Angels and Pets
    http://www.YourAngelSpeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should feel really pleased, especially as you were expecting it to be raining and poor trapping conditions.

    I'm so grateful for your, Connie's and Joanne's help looking after my little guy. Hope he forgives me for trapping him!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robin,
    I've been following your Blog all through your Winter "rest" and into Spring. Looks like you're well on your way to beating last year's record # of Cats helped.

    I've got three new colony members to TNR here but don't worry I'm not asking you to come back to Scarborough. I've already bought my own trap and enrolled in the next Feral Toronto workshop so I can access the appointments etc myself.

    Eeek, I'm morphing into a Cat Rescuer. You're a bad influence ! LOL.

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete