Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, April 25, 2013

There's always more cats!

It seems every apartment building in Toronto must have kittens or cats needing homes.  The other night I went to check out a stray who has been living outside of a building for almost two years, and the person who has been feeding him is moving.  Amazingly, he seems like a very friendly boy, and I will scoop him tonight, get him vetted and then off to a foster home.  But of course, as I'm looking for him, I meet a guy who has a litter of kittens who need homes plus the mom (this is her second litter) and two six month olds from the previous litter.  It never ends.  The kittens are easy, the older ones I still have to figure out.
The guy handing me a kitten through his window
Guiness, the stray who will soon be safe
And I just thought I would share some photos of my favourite boys at home (yes, I have favourites, even though you aren't supposed to).
Ernie and Buddy hanging out on a pillow 
Ernie and Buddy enjoy the fresh air, that's as close to outdoors as either of them are getting.
My Ernie!
The only problem with all this running around is that I don't get enough time to spend with them.  Tonight is another go go go evening, all cat stuff.  Not quite sure where eating is going to fit in....

1 comment:

  1. How do you not want to pummel these people?
    I'm afraid I'm too lippy to not say something about how irresponsible they are. I'd still help them...I'd just tell them off, though.

    ReplyDelete