Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, April 22, 2013

Tux finds a home (and so does Flossy) and Jersey too

Well these two weren't really my rescues but I have been involved with Tux's story and met the lovely Pippin.  Both these guys showed up at the G&G colony, and my friends there realized they needed to get out.

Tux has a sad story, somehow he ended up at TAS, but turned out to be a bit of biter, so was deemed unadoptable and the decision was made to release him to the colony.  Tux was clearly not happy, and was shivering out in the cold of March so off to the vet he went and then my niece agreed to foster him.

It quickly became apparent Tux was not meant to be a colony cat, he made himself right at home, and was friendly and affectionate, with some occasional nipping.  Nipping isn't such a big deal and can be managed fairly easily.  Lorena played matchmaker and found a lovely retired man whose cat had died recently who wanted a new companion.  We drove him out yesterday to meet Tux and hooray, it was a match.  Tux will now have a forever home.

Tux and Pippin

And Pippin was taken in by Annex Cat Rescue, so he too won't have to live out in the cold.  I'm sure someone will adopt him.

I have some more good news to report, after 18 months, Flossy, a rescue of mine that Lisa Marie has been fostering, was finally adopted.  You can read more about Flossy on Lisa Marie's blog http://catfosterparent.blogspot.ca/

If you would like to keep up on Mr. Wiggles progress here is Connie's blog:http://boomerandteikas.blogspot.ca/  He is such an adorable kitten.

News flash: I just found out Jersey got adopted at THS!  Jersey was rescued a month ago and had an injured paw, he had been outside for months, living as a feral, but was not at all, now in a home.

This all is just fuel for my fire.  Liam, another rescue from last month, went to a TCR adoptathon on the weekend but unfortunately he didn't do well in that environment.  Patience, he too will find his own home soon I hope he's a sweetie and doing well in his foster home.

3 comments:

  1. Great news for all these lucky cats, thank you for giving them all a chance for a safe warm home.

    Update on Sal the feral you helped me get fixed Friday - he didn't show up at all on Sunday so I was a bit worried, but he came to the porch this morning for breakfast after I came inside. Nothing like food for motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good news. It's wonderful when a cat gets a second chance at a good life. Thanks for all you do. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear Sal has come back. After trapping they often snub you for a day or two, but cats are pragmatists, and don't usually leave a reliable food source.

    ReplyDelete