Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, August 17, 2013

All kittens all the time

I don't think kitten season has ended yet.  Gloria called me to tell me that one of the cats had given birth in the yard so we put the kittens in a carrier, all five of them and when mom went in to nurse closed the door.  Jenny, who already has seven kittens from there, has taken in this new family too.  I trapped two more females who sadly were both pregnant.  I'm almost done with all the adult females there, I hope I can get all the cats TNRed before winter, the colony is already almost 20 cats.

I stopped by my new free kittens friend and saw these cuties, about three weeks old.  I will take them when they are old enough and find them homes, there is another pregnant cat there too.  Somehow I have to help her get them all fixed.  Thankfully the kittens are healthy and gorgeous but that's not enough reason to keep bringing more into the world when shelters and foster homes are full of cats.
Joanne is my rock, not only does she recover all the cats after their spay neuter, she will foster short term too.  Mystery's kittens are off to the THS next week and Joanne is taking care of them for a few days.  Lucky them, they will be in homes rather than living outside this winter.
There was an email about somebody having found this kitten outside their door, I went over to evaluate.  The kitten is older than I originally thought, I think it's about 12-14 weeks old, timid but not feral.  Sadly I don't have anyone to take the kitten, hopefully something can be figured out.
I guess that's this week's roundup.  The end of summer is approaching and the only upside to that is the end of kitten season.

No comments:

Post a Comment