Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello February

Bunny is settling in well at our place.  I crated her for the first night since she seemed quite shy and I didn't want her to hide somewhere but she has come around quickly and loves to be patted.

Blinky and Paolo were very interested in the new arrival, but I need to keep them separated for a bit, Bunny had tapeworms and roundworms and lord knows I don't want that to spread.  We've already had girardia (another parasite) spread through the house twice.  Bunny has been exploring her room and eating well, she is all spayed and should be ready for a new home very soon.  I need to rename her though, we already have a Buddy, it's bound to get confusing.

Greeting the new arrival
I hope Ruth doesn't mind me sharing this picture of Bailey, now Abbie, with her new buddy.  I was a little worried about the two integrating since the incumbent is twelve but clearly they are getting along very well.  I love these stories, she was living behind an apartment building for weeks this winter, being fed, but nobody would take her in.  A foster, $125 at the vet, some great connections, and a month later, here she is, in a wonderful loving forever home.  There is no better return on an investment than that.  Many thanks to Ruth for opening her home and heart to another.

 Same old at the yard, the endless winter marches on, but it's February, one step closer to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment