Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, March 27, 2014

Let sleeping cats lie

After my last sad post, it's time for some shots of rescued cats happily asleep, safe and warm...these are their stories.
Ernie was abandoned last February, his people moved and left him outside along with a couple of other cats.  I took two to THS for medical treatment they were adopted.  The woman who found them was going to keep Ernie but decided she couldn't afford to.  I took him home to foster but we immediately feel madly in love with him, he's my heart cat.

Scooter was found outside as a kitten in September of 2012 along with 12 other kittens of various ages and a few adults, behind an apartment building, clearly dumped.
Pebbles was rescued as a feral kitten 13 years ago, I was feeding her mom and a couple of other feral cats (my first experience) ironically very near my current colony.  We didn't do a great job of socialization, there weren't as many resources then, but she's a lovely cat.
Apollo or Paolo or Polly as he's now called, was part of a large colony I TNRed in 2013, very near where I live.  His mom gave birth in the yard in a carrier.  Kindly Jenny took the whole litter in where they grew up, then Michelle fostered them.  Polly was adopted and then returned, and then came to live with us.
Molly is a rejected Ragdoll, in fact she's the opposite of a ragdoll, she curls into a ball when you pick her up.
Maggie was living at the colony, but I brought her in three winters ago, she was living alone in a dangerous part and I just couldn't stand it anymore.  She would probably be classified as semi-feral but she adores me, and is happy to lie in front of the fire.
Dory is Scooter's sister, also dumped. 
Bunny was living in a colony behind Marineland in Niagara Falls until January of this year.  She's still under a year old.  She started out very shy but now she's part of the gang playing with the others, and seems so happy.
Buddy was a part of a group of cats I TNRed in 2011 I think.  With Buddy we picked him right up though and he purred and kneaded with his paws in the carrier.  I immediately fell in love with him.  Poor guy had a terrible URI and had to have teeth extracted.  We still don't know how old he is, based on his teeth the vets said 3-5 years but once he got fixed up he had the energy of a young cat.  He is a sweetheart and is the ambassador of the house, greeting all the newcomers, he loves kittens.
Blinky is our one eyed guy (the third one-eyed cat we've had).  He was found as a kitten with a ruptured eyeball.  He loves to play and will come into bed and can be snuggled like a teddybear.

No comments:

Post a Comment