Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tibbs is in trouble

This is turning into quite the week.  When I was feeding the other day I noticed Tibbs pawing at her mouth and when I got a closer look I could see there was definitely something going on, probably a dental issue, so Violet and I went yesterday to try to trap her.


We set up a regular trap and a drop trap around where she eats, but as I thought likely, she wouldn't go in either.  Lily did, she has gone into every trap I've set up lately, it almost makes me want to take her for a checkup but I need to save my money for actual issues.

Poor Tibbs looks uncomfortable, you can see it in her face and posture, she did eat a bit at least.  I hate that I can't help them when they need it.  It's bad enough that so many die in ways I can't control, drowning, killed by a dog, hit by trucks, but I can't stand knowing they need vet care and being unable to provide it.  I haven't given up yet, I'll try again tomorrow.

Yesterday was such an odd contradiction, in the afternoon, I was at the yard amongst the dumpsters, all bundled up, trying to trap a sick feral cat, then I had to rush home to go to an event.  It's not a usual occurrence for me, so my lovely neighbours loaned me a dress, fixed my hair, and made me look more like a normal person than a crazy cat lady.  It was strange though being at the event drinking wine eating hotel food amongst all the shiny people, then we went home and spent an hour doing feral dishes, scooping litter boxes and feeding or gang.  That's my reality.

Just got frustrating news that Guido is being returned, he went to a home, he didn't get along with the resident cats, but I would never introduce cats so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment