Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, March 25, 2014

RIP Pebbles

Pebbles has been missing for almost two months and we pretty much knew he was gone but yesterday sadly I received confirmation that he is dead.  There is a musician who lives there in a trailer and he told me yesterday that he found him a few weeks ago in the cab of the trailer.  I know at one point the window was open a bit and the cats would go in and then he sealed it up.  What I don't know if whether he went in there to die and got sealed in or got sealed in and died.  I just hope he didn't suffer.  The last time we saw him in early February he didn't look that good but Pebbles was so feral you couldn't get close at all.

In fact, I don't even know if Pebbles was male or female, I've always said he, but he was one of the originals that Sandi and Tory were feeding when they found the cats in 2007 and he was trapped before I got involved.  He would often hang out with Arrow.

I was upset that the guy didn't tell me for weeks and that he just threw his body into a dumpster.  For us, those cats are family.  Five years now I've been feeding and I love them all.  At least I know what happened to him and at least he was cared for, he lived longer than many cats on the streets.







RIP Pebbles, I'm sure it's warm where ever you are now over the Rainbow Bridge, and the food is plentiful and never gets eaten by raccoons.

This is one of the hardest parts of this, knowing that at some point you will have to say goodbye to each of these cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment