Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, March 21, 2014

The kindness of strangers

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who donated money or food recently.  Amazingly, thanks to everyone's generosity, I have enough money to buy six month's worth of food for the ferals.  I've received money from many people who I don't even know, and I truly appreciate it.

It's been a hard winter for all of us creatures, and I have felt weary many times, but am buoyed by this outpouring of support.  In the last five years since I got involved with ferals and with cat rescue, I have met or spoke to or emailed with so many wonderful people, and there is such a great community of cat lovers out there.  Almost all of the people I deal with are people I didn't know before this, but we are all bound by the love of cats and wanting to help them.

There's certainly a degree of trust involved sending money to a stranger, I'm not a registered charity, and I'm aware of that, and take it very seriously.  I feel that responsibility to spend the money wisely, I keep track of all my expenses and watch all the sales for cat food, and try to get the best vet care for the best rates.  Literally every cent goes towards the cats.

So I thank you and Teddy thanks you, and Stubby and Hank and Sally, and all of the cats whose bellies are full tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment