Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, March 2, 2014

A stressful Sunday

I've just had a glass of wine and watching a bit of the Oscars to try to recover from my stressful day.

Clara, one of our new cats, hasn't been there for the last three days, and she's always there when I feed. Steve and I looked all over the yard, but no sign of her, so of course I'm worried the worst has happened.  I don't want to lose her, I love Clara, and clearly Pebbles is dead, he hasn't been seen for two weeks now.

Plus Teddy's ear was bleeding very badly, I've tried a few times to trap him but I have to try again and quickly.

I was just settling down at home at 7 p.m. when my phone rang.  It was Lori, the woman with the 13 year old cat who I was planning to get spayed last month but when I went to get her she was already pregnant.  She had one kitten a week ago but apparently Ginger the mom has abandoned her kitten.  Lori has been trying to nurse the kitten but with Whiskas Cat Milk, not KMR, and didn't know about stimulating the kitten, and didn't think the kitten was doing well.  I was frustrated that she waited so long to contact me.  I immediately called Connie, my kitten expert, and we both went over with KMR to give Lori a bottle feeding lesson.

At a week old kittens have to be bottle fed every two hours, it's quite the enterprise keeping kittens that young alive, so I need to find a better option for this little baby.  I don't want this little orange baby to die.

I still have to do a sinkful of feral dishes and get things ready for tomorrow so better get back to work.

No way can I watch the movie Inside Lleweyn Davis, the guy is carrying a cat all over the place, no carrier or harness and leash!
Tiny one week old kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment