Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Meet Freddy

Freddy had a rough start to life but all that is different now, he's on his journey to a better life.  He was born outside in an alley sometime late last year and the man who feeds the cats brought Freddy and his siblings inside in January, a bit later than we normally bring in feral kittens so they were all shy.

He found a home for two and by the time I discovered the situation had Freddy and his brother in a cage in the middle of an antiques store.  Freddy had gone to a home with two dogs and not surprisingly didn't do well and was returned.

Susan agreed to foster the two who clearly needed some socialization.  Freddy's brother Ricky came along faster so Joanne took Freddy in for some intensive work.  In a few weeks he's made a lot of progress but needs a patient quiet home.  I know the right person will come along, he loves to be patted and play.  Another one saved from the rough life of a feral cat!  It helps to make up for the heartache recently experienced, I feel like I'm suffering from PTSD.  Now I have to trap Bright Eyes, she's not eating much.  The last few mornings I've lain in bed with my kitties holding them tight grateful they are safe and warm.

1 comment:

  1. Freddy looks adorable, ready for his forever home. Look how large his paws are - is he going to be a big boy?

    ReplyDelete