Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, April 17, 2014

What a week

It's been a stressful week, no wonder I'm now sick with a cold.  Violet and I managed to trap Bright Eyes with the drop trap on Tuesday evening.  I'm always on pins and needles when I have a feral at the vet, waiting to hear what they find.  This time they found nothing, she looked fine, her teeth weren't a problem, we ran bloodwork, all normal.  They gave her some fluids and an appetite stimulant and she ate well last night so Bright Eyes can now go home.  I don't know what was going on but hopefully she continues to eat well.

There has been no sightings of the guy or his dog but I'm still so worried.  And I got a call from Gloria, the woman with the large backyard colony near me that I TNRed last year.  Her house just went up for sale, in a few months I don't know where those cats will go for food or shelter.  Maybe we can convince a neighbour to help out.

This is Ricky, Freddy's brother, who also is looking for a home.  He's a bit more social than Freddy, funny how each cat in a litter has a different personality.

Ricky
I'm lying around drinking tea trying to get better and hoping for a peaceful easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment