Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I dream of cats

I have so much going on in my cat world that I have cat dreams, dreams of rescuing cats or dreams where I was supposed to go back and get a kitten but I can't remember where.

I found out about a colony near me so of course had to check it out.  I saw a half dozen cats, and after some detective work, discovered, thankfully, that they are already being fed, and most have been TNRed.  What an interesting bunch, though.  Two Siamese, how strange.


In our colony, poor Biffy was all matted, so Anne trapped her and took her off to the vet for a pre-winter demattting.  We may have a new "home" for the poor orange and white feral, fingers crossed on that.

On the tame cat front, look at how gorgeous Cheddar is, he is doing so well with all the work Joanne has put in, he comes out and plays and purrs as soon as you touch him.  We need to find him an extra special home.

I've had some interest in Cola and Petunia so that is encouraging, especially because I have to move Cola, I keep shuffling all these cats around and Joanne has found a friendly stray cat in her hood too that we need to help.

All I really need is more time, more money, and more foster homes....

No comments:

Post a Comment