Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, September 23, 2012

Warning: cute kitten pictures, adult supervision suggested or you may want to adopt them all

I will lead with some great news, after four weeks and four foster homes, Petunia was adopted yesterday and has gone to her forever home.  A very nice couple with no other pets took her home, I hope they will spoil her and lavish her with love, she deserves it.  I find the adoption process very stressful, trusting that strangers will take good care of a cat you have grown to love and feel responsible for.

It's been busy with the new east end colony, Natalia is amazing and we managed to get 9 kittens out of there this week!  Three were already adopted and the rest are being fostered.  I can't figure out what happened there, they are all really tame, maybe they were dumped but there are multiple litters.  The rescue ledger from this week shows 9 kitten rescued and 2 TNRs on the plus side, on the minus side, a week's pay in vet bills and a bad head cold.

On Friday I went to the vet with 8 kittens, how crazy is that.
Kittens safe and on their way

Two 4 month old grey brothers walked right into the carrier

Pumpkin and Dory, brother and sister, the sweetest kittens ever

Pumpkin

Dory
And still the calls for help keep coming in, I will have to figure out how to set some limits.  Maybe after this year I will change my phone number and email and just go back to taking care of my ferals.  I love this work, it feels like a calling, but this pace is unsustainable.  I have time for nothing else but how do you turn away from these faces, that is the dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment