Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, September 17, 2012

My own Calcutta is full of kittens

I was reading a quote by Mother Teresa that talked about finding your own Calcutta.  Well I guess I have found mine, saving cats.  Sometimes it feels like the personal cost is a little high, especially after last week.  I was away on vacation, except there were all kinds of cat crises and I spent a lot of time on the phone and on email, and even more worrying.  My poor husband.

I had to find new foster homes for both Petunia and Cola, Biffy went to the vet for her dematting, I made arrangements for Petal to go to a sanctuary, the list goes on.  Still, somewhat refreshed, I returned home and great news, Maria caught both the kittens I had spotted on the roof the week before.  They are safe and happy at Lynn's, at this age they barely need taming.
Kittens just after their rescue

Coco

Dexter
Sunday was spent moving Petunia and Cola, hopefully I will find them homes soon, they are both such sweet cats.

Late yesterday afternoon I received a call from a woman who had a stray in her yard and didn't know what to do so I stopped by and also found the tamest kitten purring away.  Then when we looked around found a half a dozen kittens of various ages, living behind an apartment building bordering on a ravine.  A new project for me, just what I need, but how can I turn away after seeing their little faces.

The tame kitten came home with me, what else was I to do, and is in my laundry room (hence the name) still purring away and playing with toys.
Little Landry

Landry in motion
At least it sounds like the neighbours will help out with this little colony, it just breaks my heart to see, especially kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment