Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Whew

Ian and I managed to trap the orange and white cat at the industrial yard, even in the mud and rain.  Poor thing was probably very hungry.  Thankfully she didn't give birth in the trap overnight and we made it safely to the vet.  At least her kittens won't be born only to be eaten by coyotes or meet some similar fate.  I hate to have to release her back there, it's such a wretched place but relocation doesn't work well.   Maybe by some miracle she will be tame, although then what, I already have too many tame cats needing homes.  I got into working with ferals so I wouldn't have to worry about finding them homes.  Gayle also caught the male from her mini colony, just the older kittens to do there.

Scared orange and white kitty on her way to the vet.
This is Cola, being fostered by my niece Siobhan.  Her owner just didn't want her anymore, and either we took her or who knows what he would have done, none of his cats had been fixed, and they didn't even have names.  She is a sweet young cat, who also needs a home.
And Maria was unsuccessful trapping but saw kittens.  I'm in desperation mode, have nowhere for them to go.  If only we could get the last two females there.  I keep thinking just keep going, things will slow down soon, but it only seems to be piling up.  At fast as the cat community is spaying and neutering it seems a large chunk of the population is not and abandoning.  I don't understand how people cannot feel compassion for cats and all animals.  I'm thankful for the many people I have met who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment