Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, September 3, 2012

It may be Labour Day but I hope it's not for the cat I need to trap

Just when I thought things were under control....I found out about a guy in an industrial area near our colony with an unspayed female, that he brought there from his home.  Unbelievable.  Well, it got worse, when we went there we saw one of his two tame cats that he brought to live in desolation outdoors.  The other unspayed one wasn't around but a very pregnant feral was.  Tomorrow it's off to trap her and pray she doesn't give birth in the trap before I can get her to the vet.  These poor cats were eating dry food off a dirty floor.  Apparently the female had kittens earlier in the year but they are gone, poor things probably a coyote's dinner.

Here are some pics from this weekend's feedings, our guys, as hard as their life can be, have it better than those ones:

Socks and Minky, best buddies

Dumpster alley

Biffy with Jo and Lily behind

MC tests out the water

No comments:

Post a Comment