Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, February 10, 2014

Mystery solved

Recently Connie emailed me a photo of a new cat that showed up at her colony and I said hey, I know that cat, I saw him earlier a kilometre down the road at another spot I feed at.  The next day I thought I was seeing double, there were two fluffy orange and white cats there.  We call them the Bobbsey twins, but of course I wonder where they came from.  

Then I was looking at a photo of Petal, a cat I TNRed from a remote site near our colony and relocated to a sanctuary and lo and behold the Bobbsey twins look just like her!  They must be related, siblings perhaps or even her kittens that somehow made their way and have finally found a reliable feeding spot.  Better put them on my trapping list for the spring.

Pretty Petal, safe at a sanctuary

One of the Bobbsey twins, quite the resemblance to Petal.
Speaking of mysteries, we were also happy to finally see Mystery, another cat we feed that I TNRed last summer after finding homes for her kittens.  We've been leaving food for months but no sign of her.  Naturally I was worried but there she was on Saturday looking nice and plump.

Simon, the kitten who ran into a Global store in November, went to his forever home on the weekend.  Woo hoo for smart Simon!

1 comment:

  1. I miss Simon, he was a big presence in my house, but the young woman who adopted him asked lots of questions about what I was feeding him, and how he was when he met the dog, so I think he's got a good home.

    ReplyDelete