Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Neuter day

I haven't been doing much trapping this winter, just too cold, for both me and for the cats but I'm still trying to do my part to reduce the cat overpopulation.

Last Friday was neuter day, Joanne transported three male cats to the vet to be fixed.  One was from a neighbour taking in a cat, one was a cat who had been hanging around Joanne's (tame so either lost or dumped) and the other was one of my outreach projects.

Ken loves his cat but is on social assistance and cannot afford to neuter his cat and he goes outside and gets into fights so I said I would help.  Of course, as often happens it wasn't that simple.  Kempo (the cat) had been limping and Ken actually took him to THS last week to have him looked at but they will only provide vet care if you surrender the cat which he didn't want to do.  Turns out the limp is due to two abcesses that had become infected.  So Kempo is being treated at my vet and has been neutered, he is boarding while they change his bandages daily.  Unfortunately there aren't many resources for people with pets who can't afford vet care.  I'm glad I could help Kempo, those wounds must have been painful but the bill is over $500 and the meter is still running.  Thank you Dorothea, for your generous donation, you know exactly where that will be going.
Handsome Hunter, one of the cats who was neutered, now safe and warm inside.
And thank you to Grace and Krista and James for dropping off food, I am always profoundly grateful and touched by people's support.


No comments:

Post a Comment