Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Show Your Heart

I'm extremely fortunate that Donna, who owns four Global Pet Stores, is a supporter of Cherry Street Cats.  She has donated expired food for the ferals, offered her store for adoptathons, and I am extremely honoured that she has chosen us to be the recipient for the Show Us Your Heart 2014 campaign.

Those donations will enable me to help many cats and I am incredibly appreciative.  Every cat costs money to rescue, vetting can be very expensive as those of you with pets know.  Even with rescue rates it adds up fast.  Just as a couple of examples, Gus a recent rescue, $125 for neuter and vaccines, $240 to be treated for bad diarrhea and not eating.  Bunny was $240 for her spay, vaccines and treatment of her parasites so donations are so important.  I thank Donna and Global and all of you who have supported Cherry Street.  Every cent goes towards helping the cats, whether it's vet bills or food.
So if you can visit one of Donna's stores, on Danforth just east of Broadview, Queen Street East in the Beaches, Lower Jarvis across from the Market, or York Mills and Leslie.

1 comment:

  1. Good for Donna! I need some cat food so I'll have to drop by her store next week. Love to support local businesses, especially those that give back to the community.

    ReplyDelete