Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sponsor a feral

Right now at the colony we have 17 regulars and we feed both canned and dry.  The cats seem to prefer the canned and it's better for them, more moisture and protein.  Try as I might, they don't always have access to fresh water, it freezes or somebody dumps it out.  We go through a lot of cans, anywhere between 12 - 16 cans of Friskies a day.  Some of the cats will eat a whole can (they are only fed once a day) and Teddy himself can put away two cans, he is 16 pounds after all.

I was doing the math and realized that adds up to between $2400 and $3200 a year.  I also have my crew at home to feed and vet as well as my fosters.  Most of my income goes towards cats LOL.

So in an effort to make this sustainable, I'm looking for 30 people to sponsor canned food for the colony, 12 cans for one day of every month, works out to between $7 and $8 depending on where you shop.  The price of two lattes to feed a whole bunch of hungry cats whose lives depend on us, and it still works out to just under $100 a year.

If you can help please email me at robinsw189@gmail.com, it would make all the difference.  I always hate asking for money, but I love these cats and want to ensure I can take care of them.  It seems hard to believe that it's been almost five years I've been doing this, I was looking at pictures and sad how many we have lost.  It's a hard life they lead, but we do our best to make it better.

Teddy
Hank and the gang enjoying a meal

The dumpster gang coming for dinner

1 comment:

  1. They look quite healthy, Robin. You are doing a great service to them. I think it is only fair that you ask for help when its' needed. I will send you a donation this weekend. Thanks for all you do. Deb

    ReplyDelete