Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, May 22, 2014

If only

I brought in one of the traps last night just to test it to make sure it was working, if only it was this easy, I had to hold Blinky back from going in until I could get the trap set.  It works, at least on dumb cats or curious ones.  Once inside, he didn't even seem freaked out.  Cats!  Why did we domesticate them?

I wish Buddy would be this cooperative.  Another night of hope to have it dashed, no sign of him, three traps, four hours, five raccoons.  I feel sick all the time, I've lost five pounds since last week.

The surgeon called me today after Teddy had been examined and had bloodwork done.  Poor old guy has definitely lost weight but his bloodwork is good with the exception of anemia, but that could be from his bleeding ears.  Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, I'll be anxious all day but that seems to be my constant state now.

Funny last year the colony was the constant, the easy thing where all was stable and happy with no problems, but lately it's been difficult there and it's harder to find time for my outside rescue work.

Maybe tonight I will veg in front of the TV for an hour, we finally found someone to clean our house, but as she was leaving she said she was surprised anyone comes back.  Oi, how did I end up in this position?  I just need some sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment