Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It's a good morning

I woke up in a great mood today.  Want to know why?  Yesterday afternoon when I posted we were at $3500 for Teddy's surgery and then amazingly by the end of the day we had reached our goal and were  over $4000!!  I am truly grateful and it also makes me feel that so many people are caring and wonderful.  People who haven't met me or Teddy wanted to help him, that's a great feeling.

I told him yesterday just one more week, hold on handsome, help is on the way, and to be cooperative and go into the trap when the time comes.   He just kept eating....

I stuck around for a bit and more good news, I saw Clara, who I hadn't seen for a week.  She had been living under the boats for the winter where it was nice and quiet but now everyone is getting their boats ready, and it's busy.  I guess she's found a calmer place to hang out but I'm so happy that she's still around and coming for her meals.  Every day I see them is a good day.

A few of my babies at home, Tanner, Dory and Apollo on the cat tree, all rescues.

No comments:

Post a Comment