Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, May 21, 2014

We got Teddy!!

Things are looking up, I just returned from dropping Teddy off at the vet for his surgery tomorrow.  I was feeling pessimistic about getting him after our recent misses but Meagan and Joel, who are experienced with a net, were willing to try again tonight so I said sure.  I showed up to meet them and miracle of miracles, they already had Teddy in a carrier in their car.

I cried and hugged them both, and off Teddy and I went.  I know he's scared, I'm happy but nervous at the same time.  It's a big surgery and we have a lot of hurdles ahead but he couldn't stay there in pain with bleeding ears.  I'm still so grateful that so many people donated to make this happen.

Now I just have to get my Buddy back.  Steve saw him in our laneway last night around midnight and Buddy looked at him, turned and ran the other way.  Maddening, so more trapping tonight.  I'm glad he's ok and sticking around but we miss him and want him to come home.  One down, one to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment