Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, August 19, 2012

Confessions of a cat rescuer addict

Actually this should more aptly be entitled the cat rescuer's dilemma.  Today I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of situations I have on the go.  I have ferals needing to be trapped, a kitten needing to be rescued, young kittens and older kittens needing socialization foster homes, and now tame cats that are in need of rescuing.

I struggle with knowing when to draw the line, when, if ever, to say I can't help anymore.  I don't want to be the person who says that when there are cats in need, but it is struggle to find places for them all, and I don't want to burn out my wonderful network, or bankrupt myself.

I got involved with a feral colony because I didn't want to be involved with finding cats home, but it seems to be an inevitable by-product, you find kittens or adults who are tame.

When I worked in film, saying you couldn't do something was never an option, you always solved the problem, and I guess I use that motto a little too much sometimes in my cat rescuing, I keep scheming, how can I help these ones too.  It is endless though, this movie never wraps.

Ian and I are off to Scarborough again later, hopefully tomorrow I can post pictures of the mom and kitten rescued, fingers crossed.

One thing at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment