Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, August 17, 2012

The catch of the day is kittens

It was another busy episode of Cat Trappers this week.  Tuesday night I headed to Weston and Lawrence with a crew (Alex, Ian, Isabella and Mike).  Our goal was to trap a mom and 3 older kittens living in a parking lot.  Almost immediately we got two kittens but then the other two took off so I sent half the crew down the road to Isabella's little colony.  They made short work of catching two older orange kittens and that was it for the day.

They all turned out to be males and are at Joanne's.  We are hoping maybe some of them can be socialized, I think there is hope for Cheddar and Mango, the orange ones.

Cheddar and Mango, four month old males

The tabby brothers, pretty scared
Thursday I got an email from Ian about two female cats in Scarborough.  Turned out there was a litter of kittens to contend with, living under a dumpster at a busy gas station.  What could we do?  They were too young and cute to leave behind.  I managed to scoop two, trap the third, but couldn't get the last one.  We'll go back tonight for it and for mom, who is actually kind of tame.
Gas station kittens


Last night I had nightmares that I had forgotten to get a kitten but couldn't quite remember where.  My back hurts from crouching beside a dumpster and my own cats are meowing at me for breakfast.  You know what they say about the shoemaker's children.  Hold on guys, I'm coming.  They need me too.

And because our car is leased, and has to be returned soon, today it's being inspected, so somehow I have to get the smell of sardines out of it and find all the tiny bits of cat food under the seats.  Guess I should take the carriers and traps out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment