Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, August 23, 2012

Over quota

I had to laugh this morning when I went to check my email and it said over quota.

What an apt description of my situation.  I've clearly taken on more than I can handle but I'm taking some deep breaths, Joanne says it will all work out, she is a good calming influence on me.

I guess I am a victim of my own compassion and to some extent ambition.  I'm doing the classic of over-rescuing.  It's just so hard to say no to a cat in need.  Everyone else in rescue is overstretched too so I can't call in a temp.

One thing at a time.  That sweet little cat is safe instead of outside and tonight off to do some trapping, try to wrap up one colony, that would be sweet, because that commute is killing me.  It was a three hour roundtrip the other night, time I could be spending rescuing instead of driving LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment