Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, August 4, 2012

For better or for worse

I've been away for a few days and although it's been nice having a break, I'm anxious to see my charges.

I was thinking that caring for a feral colony is kind of like marriage in a way.  When I met my husband Steve 19 years ago I thought he was great but didn't immediately think I would spend my life with him, it just evolved and grew, we married after 10 years together and now of course I can't imagine my life without him.

When I started feeding the Cherry Street cats, I didn't have an intention, just wanted to help out, started by feeding one day a week, now it's 2 - 4 days a week plus all the management of the colony.  And somehow out of that I've made a commitment to these cats, that I will care of them until they are all gone, until death do us part.  

I have to thank Joanne for sorting out Madge and Lionel when I was away.

I'm working on organizing another TNR project (of course an hour drive from me).  Three older kittens and a couple of adults are living in a shed in a parking lot and this guy too.  Apparently he is tame, is desperate for affection, oh boy, now I have to figure out what to do with him too.

At least I'm well rested...

No comments:

Post a Comment