Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Some days I just don't know...

Maria called me to tell me that she saw a cat dead by the side of the road near her place and thinks it was Hippo, and he hasn't been around.  I can't tell you how sad that makes me.  Hippo was one of her ferals that had the injury from a wire wrapped around him and it took over $1000 and three weeks at the vet to get him healed and now it seems he has been hit by a car, so tragic and so frustrating, that poor cat went through way too much.  I told Maria this is why we keep going, why we TNR them, why we rescue the kittens but I know how she feels, they become like your own cats.


Hippo when he was trapped
I will focus instead on what needs to be done.  This cutie, Cheddar needs a foster/socialization home and I have 4 cats at the vets today.
Cheddar in the sink
I still have old Petunia needing a spot, I have an irresponsible owner's three cats being spayed today, one of whom I am going to re-home since in his words "I gots to rid of this one" and if I don't take her, lord knows where she will end up, she is a friendly brown and white tabby.

My cat loving niece and I are doing the CN Tower Edgewalk this afternoon, maybe I will be so terrified I won't think about my cat problems for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment