Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, August 13, 2012

Look what the cat dragged in

I thought it was just going to be a release.  We took the female that Maria trapped back yesterday after her recovery.  As I walked into the yard, what did I see, a clump of kittens sleeping.  Of course, they took off but later we managed to get one, this adorable little thing.  God bless Connie, I love that I called her and said I found kittens and she said bring them over.

He or she cried all the way to Connie's.  I think little Charlie is only about four weeks old.
Now we still have to trap the others, there are at least two more, maybe three.  The great thing about getting them this young is they really haven't had time to become feral.  This kitten will surely find a great home.

I feel like I have kittens everywhere right now, Nellie and Stella at Janice's, Cinder and now Charlie at Connie's, and Alex caught the tame cat at Wendell and Pellatt, still don't know where he is going to go. Yikes, too many cats, not enough homes.  Bottom line is, though, you can't leave cats like that behind, especially knowing as well as I do what their future would hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment