Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, December 25, 2014

A very furry Christmas

Sadly I have no Christmas themed cat photo to share with you.  Oliver was helping Bob hang some things at our place the other day so it will have to suffice.
It's been a busy Christmas day, spent caring for many many cats indoors and out.  I think I fed 58 today!  Of course I have our guys plus the ferals, and I was taking care of Connie's ferals and a few others.

My catsitting business http://robinscatsitting.wordpress.com/has had many bookings so over the holidays I have five houses to visit, two at a few houses, one at another, and six at one + a few guests.

Time to give our cats a bed time snack, go to bed and start all over again, and add one more colony, taking me close to 70 mouths to feed tomorrow.  No wonder I'm tired.

I made the agonizing decision to release Stubby yesterday.  Before I did so, I cut a larger hole in his fence to enable me to crawl under and make sure he had a shelter.  Stubby actually seemed happy to be home, he came out today to eat his grilled Fancy Feast.  I wish he could have had a home, but for now I will just do the best I can to take care of him at the yard.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment