Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, December 7, 2014

Kittens in December!

I really thought I wouldn't still be rescuing kittens in December but Ian got a call about kittens up in North York where we pulled out four older kittens this fall (all found homes) and TNRed a lactating female.  Well clearly those kittens survived and finally appeared in Barbara's yard.  She couldn't really describe how old they were so Ian and I drove up and I brought kitten traps just in case.

They scattered as soon as they saw us but they looked pretty small so I set up two traps and waited.  Boom, five minutes got one and then fifteen minutes later one more.  The third disappeared so we happily took our two and miraculously Susan answered her phone when I called and said she would take them.  I'd say they are maybe eight to ten weeks, so cute with round little faces.  It's always satisfying when a reconnaissance mission turns into mission accomplished.
Calico kitten
Tabby kitten
Loveable Larry was adopted and clearly has settled in well to his new home.  Hurray!
Larry in his new home
And Andrea and I rescued a very friendly but matted black cat who has been hanging around our rooming house feeding site at all hours, clearly he wanted to come inside, he was always following me to my car.  After canvassing and postering to determine he was homeless we scooped this sweetie up.
Fluffy black cat
I feel bad enough for the ones who have to be out in this weather, so whatever ones we can save is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment