Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Here and there and everywhere

Every day brings a new set of challenges it seems.  I've been dealing with Tink and Tonks, finally we have an adopter for Tink but Tonks is sick again.  Now he's been vetted but I have to move him again to his fourth foster home.  He's had such a rough start, born outside, socialized and friendly but recurrent URIs and he's a black almost six month old kitten.  I know something will work out for him though.

Joanne has two little cuties still, Cami and Luke, hopefully they find homes soon.  Cami is coming along but Luke is still a bit shy.  We used to think the males were easier to tame but no rules really apply.
Cami
Luke
I've been glad of this milder weather with no snow, but the ferals just can't find a dry place to stand.
Lily
Lionel
Morris returns after a few weeks of being AWOL
I was alarmed yesterday when I fed to discover blood in one of the empty bowls, I don't know what's up.  And Penny wasn't in her car, which is very unusual.  I really hope everyone is ok.

I'm picking up Stubby today and taking him to Raven's for recovery and assessment.  I can't wait to see him, I've been missing him and happy to get him out of the scary vet.  Thank you Shannon for your very generous donation to Stubby's care.

I trapped a cat from a nearby colony for the clinic tonight, hoping to get one more later, then I'm volunteering there tonight, plus feeding this afternoon and taking Blinky to the vet so it sounds like another busy day.  I need one of those magnetic signs for the car "cat rescue on patrol".

No comments:

Post a Comment